Mushrooms like chaga, lion’s mane, and turkey tail are loaded with incredible health benefits, but getting them into your typical diet can be a challenge. Luckily, there are a few ways you can creatively incorporate functional mushrooms into your daily diet.
Superfood Benefits of Mushrooms
There are countless benefits to eating more adaptogenic mushrooms. Some of these benefits include:
- Normalized blood sugar – A functional mushroom’s unique genetic make-up allows them to slow digestion of sugars within the bloodstream. For people who struggle with high blood sugar, the benefits of lion’s mane mushroom can help.
- Vitamin B – Vitamin B and niacin are two of the most prominent components of mushrooms. These elevated levels are great for your mental health and focus.
- Protein – Looking for that extra hit of protein? Turn to mushrooms for a low calorie protein rich snack.
- Fiber – Maintain healthy digestion with the fibers found in a number of different mushroom species.
- Increased immunity – The sugar structures in mushrooms are a great way to boost immunity levels.
How To Get More Mushroom Superfoods In Your Diet
Incorporating more superfood mushrooms into your diet is a great way to maintain and boost your health. You may be curious how you can incorporate such unique foods into your diet. Here’s how:
Take up creative cooking
Cook with functional mushrooms easily by adding them into stir frys or into pasta sauce. In fact, cooking with more unusual adaptogenic mushrooms like lion’s mane, turkey tail, chaga, and cordyceps is not the difficult part. The true difficulty lies with finding where to buy them. Having difficulty? Try supplements instead!
Take mushroom capsules
Mushroom supplements include all the same nutrients as the physical mushroom, but instead of the actual fungus, the nutrients are packed into a small capsule. Supplements are so easy to incorporate into your daily routine. Each supplement is taken like a vitamin each day.
Mix mushroom powder into your drinks
There are a number of functional mushrooms out there that come in capsule or powder form. If swallowing pills is not for you, try mixing the powder into your morning smoothie or coffee. This is a quick way to enjoy all the benefits without swallowing pills! The taste is subtle and slightly earthy, making it a great ingredient to incorporate.
Mushroom Supplements at rekemend
rekemend offers a variety of mushroom supplements designed to enhance your body both physically and mentally. There are three mushroom blends to try. All include benefits from cordycep mushroom, as well as benefits from other adaptogenic mushrooms like lion’s mane and chaga. Check out the selection in the shop section today!